The San Francisco 49ers announced that they’ve made five roster moves on Tuesday for Week 2.
The full list includes:
- 49ers placed RB Elijah Mitchell on injured reserve.
- 49ers signed S Tashaun Gipson to their active roster.
- 49ers signed C Keith Ismael to their practice squad.
- 49ers released G Keaton Sutherland and WR Connor Wedington from their practice squad.
Here’s the 49ers updated practice squad:
- DL Alex Barrett
- OL Alfredo Gutierrez
- S Tayler Hawkins
- CB Qwuantrezz Knight
- WR Tay Martin
- LB Marcelino McCrary-Ball
- OL Jason Poe
- DL Akeem Spence
- DL Kemoko Turay
- WR Malik Turner
- DB Dontae Johnson
- LB Buddy Johnson
- TE Leroy Watson
- TE Troy Fumagalli
- C Keith Ismael
Mitchell will miss the next four games while on injured reserve with an MCL sprain.
Mitchell, 24, was a sixth-round pick out of Louisiana by the 49ers in the 2021 draft. He signed a four-year rookie deal with the team in May of that year worth $3,663,568, including a $183,568 signing bonus.
In 2022, Mitchell has appeared in one game for the 49ers and rushed for 41 yards on six carries (6.8 YPC) and no touchdowns.