- According to Mike Rodak, Bills QB Matt Barkley‘s contract carries cap numbers of $1.775 million next season and $2.025 million in 2020.
- Barkley receives a $600,000 signing bonus and stands to make non-guaranteed base salaries of $1.25 million in 2019 and $1.5 million in 2020.
- The contract also includes roster bonuses of $4,687.50 for each game he is active each next season up to $75,000 to go along with $250,000 workout bonuses in each season and up to $875,000 in annual playing-time incentives.
- According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, the “belief around the league” is Saints DC Dennis Allen was recommended to Dolphins’ owner Stephen Ross by the team’s former GM Jeff Ireland, who is currently the assistant GM for New Orleans.
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reports that former Packers HC Mike McCarthy has “warmed” up to the idea of coaching the Jets and now has “serious interest” in the job.
- Vacchiano adds that people close to McCarthy have said “for weeks” that his decision would come down to the Cardinals’ or Browns’ job, or decide to sit out 2019 entirely.
- While McCarthy’s “thinking has changed,” Vacchiano says there is no guarantee he will sign with the Jets if offered.
- Vacchiano says that the Jets are unlikely to offer anyone a contract this weekend as they are expected to continue their search.