- Andy Slater of Slater Scoops reports felony charges against Jets WR Robby Anderson have been dropped.
- Anderson was charged with harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, and resisting arrest but most of these have been dropped due to insufficient evidence.
- According to Jordan Schultz, Wyoming QB Josh Allen is not visiting the Jets this week, despite recent reports. Schultz explains that Allen worked out for the Jets in Wyoming on Monday.
- Regarding the speculation about TE Rob Gronkowski‘s future with the Patriots, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe points out that Gronkowski is owed a $250,000 bonus for participating in 90 percent of the team’s offseason workouts this spring.
- According to Volin, if Gronkowski skips OTAs, then this is clearly a story worth. However, Volin ultimately expects the Pro Bowl tight end to be in attendance for Day 1 of OTAs.
- Volin believes the Patriots would be foolish to ship out Gronkowksi, given that he still isn’t 30 years old and one of best offensive weapons in the NFL. In fact, Volin says that multiple first-round picks still wouldn’t be enough for the Patriots to part ways with Gronkowski and the best solution for the two parties is to work out a restructured contract.
- Volin admits that if the relationship between the Patriots and Gronkowski is actually toxic, then there would be no choice but to trade Gronkowski. Although, Volin says that doesn’t seem likely at this point.
- Meanwhile, Ian Rapoport reports that nothing has changed in regards to Gronkowski’s plans to return for the 2018 season and he has been training at the TB12 facility this offseason. Rapoport says that here’s unlikely to be an announcement that Gronkowski will return for the 2018 season and the expectation is instead that Gronkowski shows up for the start of offseason workouts.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!