- Bills GM Brandon Beane said of impending free agent DL Jordan Phillips: “We’ve talked to Jordan Phillips’ agent and have had a lot of good conversations. He’s earned the right to see what the market bears. We love Jordan. Would I love to get him back? Yes, but it’s got to be right for what we’re doing.” (Chris Brown)
- Colorado WR Laviska Shenault Jr. said he could see himself being a star for the Bills and would love to catch balls from Josh Allen. (Maddy Glab)
- The Bills had a formal meeting with Clemson WR Tee Higgins at the Combine. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III said he met with the Bills at the Combine and has familiarity with OC Brian Daboll from their time together at Alabama. (Matthew Fairburn)
- TCU WR Jalen Reagor had a meeting with the Bills’ coaching staff at the Combine. (Fairburn)
Dolphins HC Brian Flores said Tuesday that the Combine that he agrees with owner Stephen Ross, who previously wondered why Tom Brady would have interest in playing for Miami, given where they are in their rebuild.
“Like I said, I think Fitz has done a really good job. I agree with Steve as far as, ‘Why would [Brady] want to come to Miami?’ I do. I’ll leave it at that. I do agree with Steve,” Flores said, via the Miami Herald.
- Flores said of QB Josh Rosen: “Josh, I expect him to come in, learn the offense, develop the way he was developing over the course and the latter parts of last season. He’s going to get an opportunity to compete and get better every day.”
- Per USA Today’s Mike Jones, Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa said he’s aware of the Dolphins’ interest, particularly from the fanbase: “Since you were a kid, that’d be a dream. To have an organization want you, and especially the fans that they have. I’d be grateful.”
- Dolphins GM Chris Grier said he has not had any talks with other teams about potentially trading up yet, adding a lot goes into those conversations internally first. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Grier reiterated the importance of finding a young quarterback and that the team believes they have the draft capital to go get the player they want.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini says the priorities for the Jets at the Combine this week will be gauging the free-agent market at wide receiver and offensive line, particularly given WR Robby Anderson isn’t expected to be back, evaluating the offensive tackles in the class and potentially laying some groundwork for an extension for S Jamal Adams.
- Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline says the Jets will try to re-sign Anderson, but if he ends up being the top wide receiver available on the market, it’s likely he ends up pricing himself out of New York.
- Jets GM Joe Douglas said he’s had “preliminary” talks about a contract extension for S Jamal Adams and added: “The plan is for Jamal to be a Jet for life.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Jets HC Adam Gase said he isn’t sure if RB Le’Veon Bell will participate in the team’s offseason program, but he’d obviously like him to be there: “It’s not a huge deal.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Douglas said of Bell: “There hasn’t been talk about him going anywhere. We’re excited about Le’Veon. We’re excited to have him here.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Douglas added that he doesn’t think Bell’s play has dropped off: “I wouldn’t say his play declined. We have to do a better job of opening holes for him.” (Rich Cimini)
- According to Douglas, they will not initiate any conversations about trading Bell. (Connor Hughes)
- Gase said he believes both LB C.J. Mosley and QB Sam Darnold (thumb) will be ready to work in the spring. As for WR Quincy Enunwa (neck), Gase mentioned that he “looks good” and is still working towards getting healthy. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Douglas said he will talk with Anderson’s agent this week and added: “Robby’s a great player.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- The Jets are hiring Air Force DBs coach Chip Vaughn for an undisclosed position. Vaughn replaces Eric Sanders as a defensive assistant. (Rich Cimini)
- Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy has a formal meeting with the Jets scheduled at the Combine. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Vanderbilt TE Jared Pinkney met with the Patriots at the Senior Bowl and informally at the Combine. (Andrew Callahan)
- Dayton TE Adam Trautman has met with the Patriots twice, including at the Combine. Trautman was also at the Senior Bowl. (Michael Giardi)
- LSU TE Stephen Sullivan met with the Patriots at the Combine. (Callahan)
- Georgia QB Jake Fromm met informally with the Patriots at the Combine. (Phil Perry)
- Utah State QB Jordan Love met formally with the Patriots at the Combine. (Karen Guregian)
- Baylor WR Denzel Mims met with the Patriots at the Combine. (Doug Kyed)
- SMU WR James Proche also met with the Patriots at the Combine. (Kyed)
- Alabama WR Henry Ruggs III met with the Patriots at the Combine. (Andy Hart)