- According to the Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero, the Dolphins could look to sign a number of free agents following Tuesday, May 7, when free agents don’t count against teams in the compensatory pick formula.
- Some options for Miami include DT Ndamukong Suh, DE Allen Bailey, DE Ezekiel Ansah, DL Muhammad Wilkerson or LB Shane Ray.
- Other potential fits include LB Jamie Collins, LB Dominique Easley, DE Nick Perry, DE Derrick Morgan, DT Bennie Logan and DE Kristjan Sokoli. (Salguero)
- Western Illinois QB Sean McGuire will participate in the Dolphins’ rookie minicamp this weekend. McGuire also participated in the Vikings’ rookie minicamp. (Barry Jackson)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens make sense as a trade destination for Jets LB Darron Lee, who was made expendable after LB C.J. Mosley signed in New York after leaving Baltimore.
- Zrebiec doesn’t think the Ravens would give up more than a mid-round pick, but adds Baltimore is deep at cornerback where the Jets have a need.
According to his college position coach, Patriots WR N’Keal Harry plays a lot like former NFL WR Anquan Boldin.
“Everything’s in front of N’Keal,” Arizona State WR coach Charlie Fisher said via NBC Sports’ Phil Perry. “He’s a very gifted player. People say, ‘Well, who does he remind you of?’ To me, he’s a faster version of Anquan Boldin. That’s who I always say he reminds me of. I got great respect for Anquan Boldin. He was a football player. That’s kind of what N’Keal is.”
- According to Mike Reiss, Patriots DE Deatrich Wise was not on the field for OTAs and was in a walking boot as he rehabs an injury, though it’s not expected to affect him for the 2019 season.
- Reiss adds Wise’s injury provides an opening for 2017 third-round DE Derek Rivers to get on the field after injury and other names on the depth chart limited his snaps in his first two seasons.