- Barry Jackson reports that Dolphins HC Brian Flores is not in danger of losing his job this year and Miami remains committed to him for 2020.
- Dolphins claimed CB Ryan Lewis off of waivers from the Eagles. (NFLTR)
A report came out before Sunday’s game that multiple teams had reached out to the Jets to inquire about trading for DL Leonard Williams, who’s entering the final year of his contract and has largely been unable to produce like the team expected when it took him in the top ten picks back in 2015. Williams says he’s just worried about controlling what he can control.
“I wouldn’t say it makes me uneasy,” Williams said via the New York Post’s Brian Costello. “You see the best players in the league get traded and it’s not like it’s a personal thing. It’s just the way the business is and I can’t take anything personal. That’s why I can’t really focus on it because I can’t really control it. The best thing I can control is my play and wherever I end up, just focus on that.”
- The Jets worked out Ryan Crozier, Corbin Kaufusi and James Murray on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jets place G Kelechi Osemele on injured reserve.
- Jets signed S Blake Countess.
- Jets signed DL Corbin Kaufusi to the practice squad.
“Look, I love that guy. I am so happy that he’s enjoying his time. I am happy that he’s enjoying his life.” Brady said Monday on WEEI Sports Radio Network. “He seems to really be doing a lot of great things. He knows how I feel about him. I want what is best for him. He’s the only person that can make those decisions. I don’t lobby for those things.”
- On Tuesday, Rob Gronkowski was asked a yes or no question if he was coming back this season: “It’s a no. … In my mind that is how it is, it’s a no.” (Ryan Hannable)
- Brady said the hope is LT Isaiah Wynn will be activated off injured reserve when he’s eligible: “It’s up to Coach Belichick to decide who gets those (IR-return slots), but we’re certainly hoping Isaiah can come back at some point.” (Zack Cox)
- Mike Florio speculates that the Patriots may have opted to not release DE Michael Bennett for conduct detrimental to the team in order to keep him away from contending teams like the Texans, Ravens and Chiefs, who may have been interested in signing him.
- Patriots signed TE Eric Tomlinson. (NFLTR)
- Patriots re-signed TE Ben Watson. (NFLTR)
- Patriots released QB Cody Kessler. (NFLTR)
- Patriots designated rookie WR N’Keal Harry to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Patriots released K Younghoe Koo and TE Jason Vander Laan from their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Patriots signed OL Tyler Gauthier and WR Devin Ross to their practice squad.