- The Dolphins ruled out S Reshad Jones and C Daniel Kilgore from Monday’s game against the Steelers. (Cameron Wolfe)
- Miami also lists CB Xavien Howard (knee), CB Chris Lammons (ankle, toe), DE Avery Moss (ankle), and CB Nik Needham (foot) as questionable for Week 8.
- Regarding the Jets’ decision to release veteran G Kelechi Osemele, his agent, Andrew Kessler, issued the following statement: “The Jets owe him the balance of his contract both under the Standard Injury Guarantee Provision of the Player Contract and under Termination Pay. We will pursue … all fines to be rescinded through grievances.” (Rich Cimini)
- With the Jets’ decision to release Osemele on Saturday, Rich Cimini points out that New York got three games from him for $10.2 million and a fifth-round pick. The Jets also got a sixth-round pick in the deal and will not carry any dead money on their 2020 cap.
- The New York Jets announced Saturday that TE Chris Herndon has been downgraded to out.
“I think it’s his willingness to embrace this opportunity,” Brady said, via Grant Gordon of NFL.. “He brings a lot of juice, so it’s good to have. It’s good to see someone that’s competitive. If you watch him play, he plays with an attitude. He’s got a little chip on his shoulder, too, so I think we can relate to each other. And he can relate to a guy like Julian [Edelman], because he was often overlooked in his career, and I think he plays that way.”
Brady added that Sanu has had a “good week” of practice and is hopeful the Patriots can “get him up to speed” in their system.
“It’s been a good week, been a good week. It’s been fun to get to know him,” Brady said. “I’ve watched him for a long time, and always [have been] impressed by his abilities, his attitude. It’s just been great to have him out there, so hopefully we’ll get him up to speed as fast as possible. Everyone’s working hard. It’s going to be a big challenge for us, good team we’re playing against.”