- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Bengals CB Dre Kirkpatrick has a hyperextended knee and is expected to miss about a month.
- Per ESPN’s Ben Baby, Bengals HC Zac Taylor says OT Cordy Glenn remains week-to-week with a concussion and has seen doctors within the past few days.
- Taylor adds Billy Price will continue to start at left guard. (Baby)
- Bengals claimed G Fred Johnson off of waivers from the Steelers. (NFLTR)
Browns QB Baker Mayfield admitted that his hip “hurts” following Sunday’s loss to the Seahawks.
“A little bit, but that is not an excuse,” Mayfield said when asked if his hip affected his play, via Pro Football Talk. “It hurts, but it’s a physical game of football.”
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens doesn’t foresee Mayfield’s hip injury causing him to miss any practice time. (Scott Petrak)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens S DeShon Elliott is likely out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
- Ravens CB Maurice Canady is also dealing with a hamstring injury. (Zrebiec)
- Zrebiec reports that the Ravens working toward signing S Bennett Jackson off Jets practice squad,
Steelers first-round LB Devin Bush had an uneven start to his professional career through Pittsburgh’s first five games. But on Sunday night against the Chargers, Bush had a splashy night with a fumble return for a touchdown and an interception. Bush drew high praise from Steelers LB Ryan Shazier, the player he was drafted to replace.
“I thought he had a great game,” Shazier said via Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “He’s making a lot of plays. He’s starting to become a playmaker. . . . You can definitely tell he’s getting more comfortable. We knew it would come. It takes time.”
- According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, the Steelers initially saw UDFA QB Devlin Hodges as just a camp arm after he earned a spot on the 90-man roster with his performance in rookie minicamp.
- However, Hodges impressed the coaching staff enough that they asked the personnel department to trade former backup QB Joshua Dobbs to give Hodges a shot on the roster.
- Hodges continued to impress with his performance in Pittsburgh’s 24-17 win against the Chargers, including one play where he collected an errant snap from C Maurkice Pouncey for a throw-away: “He looked like Ben. I told him, ‘I appreciate you, man.’ I was up there, talking trash, and he hurried-up snapped it. I was like, ‘Oh crap.’ But he did a hell of a job of getting that ball and throwing it out. I honestly thought in my head, ‘That’s Ben.’ Ben would’ve done the same thing. It was awesome.” (Brooke Pryor)
- Steelers QB Mason Rudolph is targeting a return in Week 8 on Monday night against the Dolphins following the team’s bye. (Jeremy Fowler)