A major point of emphasis for the Bengals going forward out of the bye week, especially with fourth-round rookie Ryan Finley at quarterback, will be figuring out how to untrack the ground game. A year after leading the AFC in rushing, Bengals RB Joe Mixon hasn’t been able to find any room, as Cincinnati’s been historically bad at rushing the football so far in 2019.
“Everybody knows that I’m frustrated. Who wouldn’t be frustrated? I feel like I should be putting up way better numbers than what I’m putting up right now,” Mixon said via the Cincinnati Enquirer’s Tyler Dragon. “To go from first in the AFC in rushing and s–t, we’re probably last right now in the AFC. It’s embarrassing to me. That’s not my expectation and it shouldn’t be anybody else’s expectation. I’m not complacent to what the hell is going on. I’m frustrated. Everybody knows that I’m frustrated, but the coaches are frustrated, too. We are all frustrated.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Bengals worked out Adonis Alexander, Dewayne Hendrix, Chris Odom, and Raymond Davidson on Tuesday.
- Bengals signed LB Brady Sheldon to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens had some talks about extending CB Jimmy Smith‘s contract but nothing is imminent.
- Zrebiec expects the Ravens to still have interest in Jets S Jamal Adams this offseason, though not at Jets GM Joe Douglas‘ reported asking price of a first-round pick and two second-round picks.
- Zrebiec believes both Ravens coordinators — OC Greg Roman and DC Don Martindale — could get attention for head coaching vacancies this offseason.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Ravens worked out RB Elijah McGuire, RB Byron Marshall and LB Michael Onuoha on Tuesday.
- Ravens signed WR/KR De’Anthony Thomas to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Ravens waived CB Maurice Canady.
- Per ESPN’s Brooke Pryor, Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said RB James Conner will be limited early this week and should “perk up” as the week goes on and they determine if he’ll play Sunday.
- Steelers G Ramon Foster (concussion) will practice Wednesday.
- Steelers placed LB Ulysees Gilbert on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Steelers promoted LB Robert Spillane to their active roster.