Bengals HC Zac Taylor confirmed OL Fred Johnson would start for the second straight week at right guard in Week 3 against the Eagles. Taylor said they took some encouragement from Johnson’s performance on Thursday night despite the sack-fumble he appeared to give up on QB Joe Burrow.
“For a guy that didn’t take any physical reps (last week) for his first start at starting right guard, it wasn’t perfect, but he’s certainly showed some positive signs there that we can build off,” Taylor said via Geoff Hobson of the team website. “He hadn’t taken a guard rep in a couple of weeks. We threw him in there on a short week with no practice and we threw the ball 61 times and he got matched up a couple of times against Myles Garrett. He did a nice job with communication. It wasn’t perfect but there are some things to build on.”
- The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. says the Bengals are integrating DTs Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels back into practice this week with the goal of both returning to play Week 3 against the Eagles.
- Taylor said there’s no issue with WR Auden Tate despite him being a healthy scratch Thursday night: “Auden’s the man. It has nothing to do with Auden… I love that we have Auden on this football team.” (Ben Baby)
- Bengals TE C.J. Uzomah had surgery on his season-ending Achilles injury. (Baby)
- Per BrownsZone.com’s Scott Petrak, Browns RT Jack Conklin expects to return in Week 3 from his ankle injury: “I’ll be back to 100 percent this week and rolling.”
- Per the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey expects to take some reps in the slot to replace CB Tavon Young but he says he won’t be the only one.