One aspect of Bengals first-round QB Joe Burrow‘s start that has the team and observers so jazzed about his potential is the way the rookie has taken complete ownership of the team. While his play on the field has had its fair share of rookie inconsistency, his leadership and command resemble that of a seasoned veteran. Burrow said that it didn’t take long for him to feel comfortable stepping up as the leader of the team despite his inexperience.
“That was a little more part of my mindset coming into camp,” Burrow said via the Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. “Nobody really knew me. I wanted to be a leader but I didn’t want to step on any toes. And that’s not really my mindset anymore. I’ve been here for a few months. We all know each other. People know the kind of player I am. People know what kind of person I am. If something needs to be said, I’m going to step up and say it. That goes for all the leaders in the locker room. We’re not, I’m not, in the mindset that I’m a rookie anymore. I have six games under my belt and I feel comfortable speaking up to the team.”
- ESPN’s Ben Baby lists Bengals WR John Ross as a potential trade candidate, as he has fallen out of the rotation in Cincinnati but could still be a deep threat elsewhere.
- ESPN’s Jake Trotter lists Browns TE David Njoku as a potential trade candidate, as Cleveland is deep at the position and could flip the former first-round pick for help elsewhere.
- Browns WR Jarvis Landry revealed he broke a rib on a hit against the Colts last week and has been playing through the injury. (Scott Petrak)
- The Browns are hosting OT Alex Taylor for a visit this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Browns are working out DE John Daka, DB Sage Lewis, and DB Trevon McSwain. (Aaron Wilson)
- ESPN’s Jamison Hensley lists Ravens RB Gus Edwards as a potential trade candidate, as he’s in the final year of his deal and Baltimore is deep at running back.
- The Ravens are working out QB Kenji Bahar, WR Manasseh Bailey, and WR Dez Bryant. (Aaron Wilson)
- Vikings traded DE Yannick Ngakoue to the Ravens for a 2021 third-round pick and a 2022 conditional fifth-round pick. (NFLTR)
- Ravens activated DT Brandon Williams from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Ravens placed CB Anthony Averett on injured reserve.
- ESPN’s Brooke Pryor lists Steelers CB Justin Layne as a potential trade candidate, as he’s buried on the depth chart and could be flipped for help at inside linebacker.
- The Steelers are hosting WR Anthony Johnson for a visit this week. (Aaron Wilson)