- Coley Harvey expects LB Vontaze Burfict, who underwent microfracture surgery on his knee this offseason, to play in 2015 at some point. However, Harvey admits that there is some question as to whether or not Burfict will be able to return to his previous form.
- Harvey anticipates the Bengals keeping 10 defensive linemen this year including: Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap, Wallace Gilberry, Will Clarke, Margus Hunt, Geno Atkins, Domata Pek, Brandon Thompson and Marcus Hardison.
- This means Devon Still, Pat Sims, Kwame Geathers, Kalafitoni Pole and DeShawn Williams could be competing for the final roster spot.
- Mike Wells writes that Colts HC Chuck Pagano could cash in by living up to expectations in 2015, whether it’s with the Colts or another team.
- However, should Pagano’s team bow out of the playoffs early, the Colts could move in a new direction next year.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN predicts Jets DE Muhammad Wilkerson will report to training camp next month, play the 2015 season under his current contract, and then receive the franchise tag next offseason.
- Cimini mentions that the Jets have three options: Sign Wilkerson to a long-term deal, franchise him, or tag him and then trade him to another team.
- Cimini writes that if he were running the Jets, he’d be on the phone with free agent G Evan Mathis‘ agent given that right guard remains a serious concern for New York.
- According to Cimini, if Jets rookie QB Bryce Petty doesn’t make it in the NFL, “it won’t be because of his arm strength.“
- Paul Kuharsky believes Zach Brown and Avery Williamson are the Titans’ two best inside linebackers and should open the season as starters.
- Veteran Wesley Woodyard should be the team’s No. 3 option at inside linebacker.
- According to Kuharsky, No. 2 overall pick Marcus Mariota has been “far better” coming in than Jake Locker during his rookie season.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!