- Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters that CB Josh Norman “tweaked” his hamstring in practice on Thursday. (Vic Capaccio)
- OUT for Week 7: WR John Brown (knee), LB Tyrel Dodson (hamstring), T Cody Ford (knee), TE Dawson Knox (calf), CB Josh Norman (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 7: CB Cameron Lewis (wrist), LB Matt Milano (pectoral), CB Tre’Davious White (back)
“Yeah, you know, I mean, I have social media,” Darnold said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN. “I’ve seen some of the things, but yeah, we’ve got a game to win this week and that’s all we’re worried about. For me, it’s out of my control. I’m here to do my best and help this team win games. I don’t think I’ve played well enough to win, that’s just shooting it straight. We haven’t won any games, so obviously I haven’t played well enough.”
Darnold also opened up about the current status of his shoulder injury which has hindered his plans for the season, as well as those of the team.
“There’s a little bit of pain, but it’s nothing crazy. I feel like I’m capable of dealing with it. I feel good,” Darnold said. “The last two days have gone really well. I’m throwing the ball and I’ve recovered pretty quickly. Obviously, it’s still to be determined what’s going to happen Sunday as far as who’s starting, but I’ve felt really good the last couple of days.”
- Jets HC Adam Gase confirmed that Sam Darnold will return in Week 7. As for the risk regarding Darnold’s shoulder injury, Gase said: “It’s not like I’m worried about him re-hurting his shoulder. He’s in pain. There’s a little bit of pain there for him. He wants to play. The biggest decision we had to make was ‘Is this the right thing to do?’ Because he wasn’t willing to take ‘No’ for an answer.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Gase also expects rookie LT Mekhi Becton to play: “Unless we have some sort of a weird setback today, it looks good.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Gase said they are still undecided about whether to activate WR Denzel Mims (hamstrings) from injured reserve, byt they are considering it. Gase added that it may come down to the number of injuries at other positions. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 7: K Sam Ficken (right groin), G Alex Lewis (shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 7: T Mekhi Becton (shoulder), WR Jamison Crowder (groin), QB Sam Darnold (right shoulder), T Chuma Edoga (calf), T George Fant (knee)
- Patriots’ QB Cam Newton admitted his recent performance simply hasn’t been good enough: “I just haven’t been good. I haven’t matched enough good plays together for my liking. That’s what it comes down to. When I mean ‘good plays’, I mean right reads, I mean ball positioning, I mean making guys miss.” (Michael Giardi)
- Charles Casserly also thinks that Bengals’ WR John Ross has the potential to be traded, and adds that the Patriots could be a landing spot. He suggests New England giving up a sixth-round pick in exchange for Ross and a seventh-round pick.
- Another receiver the Patriots may target is Texans’ WR Kenny Stills, who Casserly believes could be acquired for a sixth-round pick.
- OUT for Week 7: DT Carl Davis (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 7: DT Adam Butler (elbow), S Kyle Dugger (ankle), WR Julian Edelman (knee), G Shaquille Mason (calf), DE Derek Rivers (back)