The Bills had their hearts ripped out in Week 10 against the Cardinals by Arizona’s terrific “Hail Murray” touchdown pass from Kyler Murray to DeAndre Hopkins. Bills HC Sean McDermott‘s big takeaway afterward was that Buffalo needed to make sure they weren’t in a position to lose on the final play like that.
“They made the play, the special play they had to make to win the game and beat us,” McDermott said via Jourdon LaBarber of the team’s website. “But that game should not have come down to that play and, unfortunately, it did. So, we take our lumps, we live by it and we learn from it and it’s got to drive you harder, man. It’s got to drive us all harder to want it more.”
- Per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets made the move to release CB Pierre Desir to get fifth-round CB Bryce Hall on the field more.
- Mehta says New York is hopeful Hall can develop into a starter for next year.
- Jets waived CB Pierre Desir. (NFLTR)
- Jets placed CB Brian Poole on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Jets signed TE Connor Davis to their practice squad.
- Over The Cap’s Nick Korte goes over the changes to the compensatory pick formula and how the projected picks have played out in 2020. He notes New England could get an additional sixth-round comp pick for the loss of DT Danny Shelton if S Nate Ebner plays more snaps for the Dolphins and Buccaneers DT Beau Allen receives a seventh-round valuation after missing the entire season.
- Per NESN’s Zack Cox, Patriots HC Bill Belichick praised TE Ryan Izzo, who is quite literally the last New England tight end standing: “Durability is more important than ability, and I think Ryan is a great example of that. Certainly, this has been his best year, but it’s also been his most durable year.”