- According to Mike Silver, the Broncos had interest in QB Blake Bortles before he signed with the Rams.
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Chiefs signed CB Bashaud Breeland to a one-year contract that includes a $1.15 million signing bonus, an $805,000 base salary and a $45,000 workout bonus.
- In addition to the $2 million, Breeland can earn up to $3 million more in incentives.
- Colts re-signed ERFA LS Luke Rhodes.
Jaguars executive VP Tom Coughlin said they have “full confidence” in RB Leonard Fournette moving forward.
“With Leonard, a prepared Leonard coming into camp with a mindset that he discussed and we talked about … I have full confidence in him,” Coughlin said, via ESPN.com. “He does have some things he’s got to prove when he comes back about his preparation, but he’s a young, young player, he loves football, had an outstanding year, had a very disappointing year, and I think he wants to — we want him to be a great player and I think he’s in the same mindset.”
- Albert Breer reports that the Jaguars were in the mix to sign veteran RB Adrian Peterson before he agreed to return to the Redskins on a two-year, $8 million deal.