“Opportunities like this don’t present themselves all the time in the National Football League,” Beck said, via Ryan O’Halloran of The Denver Post. “I’m obviously looking forward to taking advantage of it.”
- Over The Cap’s Nick Korte lists Bears G Dalton Risner and WR Courtland Sutton as players who are helped by the new CBA’s PPE rules and are on track to get raises in their fourth season.
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe thinks the Chiefs are positioned well to weather the unique challenges of the 2020 season given how much continuity they’re bringing back.
- Over The Cap’s Nick Korte lists Chiefs S Juan Thornhill and WR Mecole Hardman as players who are helped by the new CBA’s PPE rules and are on track to get raises in their fourth season.
Rookie CB Amik Robertson has always faced doubt in his career but he says he appreciates being drafted by a head coach like Jon Gruden who believes in him.
“He’s like a father figure, like an uncle to me,” Robertson said. “He’s already given me knowledge and encouragement and what to look forward to at the next level and to not rush greatness. Just continue to do what I’m doing with the work ethic and watching film and learning and progressing every single day. I know it’s going to be fun playing for him.”
- Over The Cap’s Nick Korte lists Raiders CB Trayvon Mullen and DE Maxx Crosby as players who are helped by the new CBA’s PPE rules and are on track to get raises in their fourth season.
- The Athletic’s Tashan Reed writes that Raiders DE Clelin Ferrell and Crosby are two players who benefit the most from the offseason addition of DL coach Rod Marinelli.
- He adds Marinelli would be a logical replacement for DC Paul Guenther if Gruden decides to make a change at some point in the future.
- Reed doesn’t think Raiders DB Lamarcus Joyner is in much danger of losing his starting role in the slot, and even if Robertson pushes him late in the season, the team would try him at safety.
- Given LB Vontaze Burfict‘s history and the offseason additions Las Vegas made at linebacker, Reed doesn’t see a place on the Raiders for Burfict.
- Per Reed, Raiders DE Arden Key and DT P.J. Hall might not be in the team’s long-term plans based on what they’ve shown so far, and Key might not even be on the final roster this year.