- The Broncos trade of DL Christian Covington to the Bengals means that DE Demarcus Walker has an improved chance to make the final roster. (Ryan O’Halloran)
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos placed waiver claims on LB Austin Calitro twice but he was awarded to the Jaguars and then the Bengals. They are happy to have finally gotten him via trade.
- Despite being healthy LB Todd Davis likely became expendable after the Calitro trade, as only $500,000 of his $5 million salary was guaranteed. (Tom Pelissero)
- The Raiders found that S Damarious Randall wasn’t a good fit and he was also guaranteed $1.5 million. This likely led the team to go with safeties Erik Harris and Jeff Heath instead. (Vic Tafur)
- Randall had only officially practiced with the Raiders for just one day, which likely contributed to his difficulty making the roster. (Vincent Bonsignore)
- Raiders’ OC Greg Olson says the team has some difficult decisions ahead: “We have a lot of tough decisions to make (on cutdown day) … (Backup) running back is one of them.” (Tafur)
- Olson also mentioned how concerning it was that RT Trent Brown was missing so much practice: “Every position, it hurts when you have guys that are missing practices, [not] just for their own growth but also the wear and tear it puts on other players that are out practicing every day. So, it’s never an ideal situation, but it does help that he was here a year ago so a lot of the communication, he’s very well aware of. Again, we’re just bringing him along and when he’s ready to go full time, we’ll bring him along full time. Right now, we’re just making sure that he’s healthy.” (Paul Gutierrez)
- Titans’ HC Mike Vrabel on the team’s pursuit of Jadeveon Clowney: “We have an offer out. We’ve been talking with JD and his agent. That’s all I can report, and that’s all I really know.” (Erik Bacharach)
- Vrabel added that it’s still possible for a player to sign in time and go through the protocol to play in Week 1. (John Glennon)
- Titans’ LB Harold Landry said of the possibility of playing with Clowney: “I’m worried about being the best Harold I can be and if it happens, it happens” (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans LG Rodger Saffold said he’s had a lot of talks with rookie OL Isaiah Wilson: “With him, it’s just constantly trying to teach him lower pad level, use your hands, just the technical side of things, because the effort is there… We definitely see great potential in him.” (Bacharach)
- The Titans are giving K Stephen Gostkowski a one-year deal worth $2.75 million, which can increase to $3.25M million with incentives based on field goal percentage. (Ian Rapoport)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!