- According to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, Seahawks front office executives Trent Kirchner and Scott Fitterer are names to watch for the Browns’ GM vacancy.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport adds 49ers DC Robert Saleh and former Packers HC Mike McCarthy are two candidates for the Browns head coaching position with ties to those two.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter points out that Browns chief strategist Paul DePodesta‘s contract expires this week. DePodesta is still wanted in Cleveland and could sign a contract along with a new head coach and general manager.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Browns have pushed back their interview with Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. Instead of hurrying to set up an interview in Buffalo, the Browns will bring Daboll to Cleveland this week for the interview so he can meet more of the current front office.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Texans WR Will Fuller (groin) is expected to play next week in the divisional round against the Chiefs.
“I think Derrick trains and prepared to be able to handle that load, to carry that load,” Vrabel said, via Pro Football Talk. “He has a certain skillset, with size and strength and speed and durability — those are all great qualities for a running back in January. So he’ll do everything that he has to to get ready and to do whatever it is that we ask him to do in the game plan. He’s very unique — there’s not that many running backs in the league like Derrick, because there’s not that many players in college that are like Derrick, and by that I just mean a bigger tailback.”