Chargers RB Melvin Gordon says that the team agreed to reduce the fines he incurred from holding out of the first three weeks of the regular season by half.
“It comes with consequences sitting out,” Gordon said, via Eric Williams. “To think the fines would be completely washed away, I knew if I got in this situation, it wouldn’t be. You do something against the rules, you pay the consequences.”
- Chargers activated RB Melvin Gordon from the exempt list. (NFLTR)
- Chargers released DB Dontae Johnson.
- Chargers waived DE Chris Peace.
- Chargers promoted WR Andre Patton to their active roster.
- According to James Palmer, Chiefs RB LeSean McCoy aggravated his ankle injury in Week 3, but has reportedly had an easier time practicing this week than the previous and is “good to go” for Week 4’s game against the Lions.
- According to Michael Giardi, Patriots WR Julian Edelman (chest) traveled with the team to their Week 4 game in Buffalo and is expected to play.
- Jeff Howe reports that Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower is also traveling with the team after being listed as questionable due to a shoulder injury.
- Ben Volin notes that Patriots QB Cody Kessler receives a $720,000 prorated salary for the 2019 season as part of his deal with New England, which includes no fully guaranteed money and a $448,000 injury split.
- Patriots WR Gunner Olszewski (hamstring) was added to the injury report on Saturday and he’s now questionable for Week 4.