- Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller says the Colts are mentioned in league circles as a team that could go aggressively after one of the top quarterbacks in 2021 despite having Philip Rivers, Jacoby Brissett and 2019 fourth-round QB Jacob Eason on the roster right now.
- Per ESPN’s Michael DiRocco, the Jaguars have ruled out C Brandon Linder (knee) from Thursday night’s game against the Dolphins. That’s in addition to K Josh Lambo who was placed on IR with a hip injury.
- Jacksonville also lists WR DJ Chark (chest/back) as questionable for Week 3.
- Per ESPN’s Sarah Barshop, Texans HC Bill O’Brien expressed some confidence in the availability for WR Will Fuller (hamstring) and RB Duke Johnson (ankle) this week: “I feel good about Will and Duke is day-to-day.”
- Texans DL J.J. Watt revealed he played fewer snaps in Week 2 because he had a groin injury he and the team were managing: “It feels great today, had a great practice.” (Aaron Wilson)
Titans WR A.J. Brown‘s second season hasn’t started off the way he would have preferred. After averaging 20 yards a catch in his rookie year, Brown caught just five passes for 39 yards in the season opener before being diagnosed with a bone bruise that will keep him out for some time. Brown said he’s focusing on healing properly and not rushing back too soon.
“Every day is better and better, I can say that,” Brown said via Erik Bacharach of the Nashville Tennessean. “But as of right now, I got to take it slow. I’m doing everything I can to be back out there with the team. When that day comes, you know I’ll be ready.”