- Jason La Canfora mentions that the Colts are among the interested team in trading for Redskins OLB Ryan Kerrigan.
- According to La Canfora, the Colts are among the teams intrigued by Broncos DL Derek Wolfe, who has come as a trade candidate worth watching for Denver.
Jets WR Robby Anderson has been the subject of trade rumors the past few weeks, but he’s hoping to remain in New York.
“I can’t call it. It’s a business. God forbid that was my last game as a Jet, it would be disappointing to go out like this,” Anderson said, via NJ.com. “I don’t want it to ever get misconstrued or mistaken that my all has been to get us to the top, to the Super Bowl. Hopefully I’m still here and I can continue to try to pursue and work on that. But I can’t call it.”
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Jets LB C.J. Mosley is expected to miss a few more weeks after suffering an extension of his groin injury in last Monday night’s game.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini reports Jets GM Joe Douglas will listen to offers for pretty much any player on the roster, with a few obvious exceptions, starting with DL Leonard Williams and WR Robby Anderson.
- Cimini adds players notice the way the Jets have handled injuries, ranging from the situation with G Kelechi Osemele to LB Avery Williamson tearing his ACL while playing with the second team in the preseason and LB C.J. Mosley getting hurt again Monday, and it could affect how likely players are to sign or re-sign with the Jets.
- Cimini believes the Jets will place Mosley on injured reserve.
When the Ravens released DB Justin Bethel, the Patriots immediately swooped in to poach the star special teamer. Bethel joins Patriots special teams stalwart WR Matthew Slater to create inarguably the best special teams duo in the league. The two have combined for 10 Pro Bowls and seven All-Pro awards since 2011.
“We’ve both been kind of at the top of our position,” Bethel said via NESN’s Doug Kyed. “And we’ve both done a lot of things that you can look at and be like, ‘Oh, let me take this. He does this, let me take this.’ And so to be able to be on the same team and kind of see it upfront — I was actually watching something he was doing today. I was like, ‘Oh, let me try to take that.’ To be on the same team is something me and him thought would probably never happen. I was excited just to be in the AFC with him when I was on the Ravens. When I got here, I was talking to him. I was like, ‘What do you think chances of us being on the same team would have been?’ It’s exciting to finally get here with him and work hand in hand.”
- Per ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Patriots fourth-round rookie QB Jarrett Stidham is relishing his chance to develop as a backup with New England: “The position I’m in now, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I’m getting to learn from Tom and Josh [McDaniels] and Mick [Lombardi] and Coach Belichick — so many great coaches and players around me. It’s just good to get a taste of that side of it.”
- While some Patriots players on injured reserve hang out around the team for rehab and other duties, that won’t be the case with WR Josh Gordon, who’s expected to be released later.
- Jay Glazer reports that the Patriots are among the teams looking to add a receiver in before the trade deadline.