- Regarding the Colts’ quarterback situation, Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated writes that Indianapolis trading for Jets QB Sam Darnold could be an intriguing situation to keep an eye on.
- Breer also mentions 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo as a possible trade candidate but feels Indianapolis would’ve approached San Francisco about acquiring the quarterback when trading for DT DeForest Buckner.
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero expects Colts OC Nick Sirianni to still draw head coaching interest this year after being on his list of young, up-and-coming coaches who could get interest for a head coaching job last offseason.
- Colts DC Matt Eberflus is also on some radars for a head coaching job, per Pelissero.
The Texans’ decision to fire VP of communications Amy Palcic triggered an immediate outcry from media members, former league officials and even Texans players, as she was widely respected in what can be a difficult job sometimes. There was immediate speculation that Texans interim GM Jack Easterby was behind the firing, which was reportedly because Palcic was no longer a “cultural fit,” but in the absence of a PR director, team president Jamey Rootes tried to take the heat off Easterby.
“It was definitely my call,” Rootes said in a statement via the Associated Press. “I gave her the role a number of years ago and felt the need to make a change. Leadership is sometimes a very lonely role and from time to time you have to make a move that impacts people that you care about deeply. This was one of those unfortunate times.”
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero highlights Titans OC Arthur Smith on his list of young, up-and-coming coaches who could get interest for a head coaching job this offseason.
- Titans promoted P Trevor Daniel and LS Matt Overton to their active roster. (NFLTR)