“It’s a huge challenge,” Rowe said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “He’s one of the — if not the — best tight ends right now in the league. As we can see, they target him a lot each game. So obviously he’s going to be a big challenge for us this week. What makes him good is he’s not just a receiving tight end. He blocks.”
Rowe pointed out that he is capable of covering tight ends because he considering himself a “bigger-body” defensive back.
“I would say that I’m a bigger-body cover guy and I can move,” Rowe said. “I’m pretty agile. So with tight ends, obviously these dudes are tall, they’re big. I wouldn’t say all of them, but some aren’t as agile and just kind of just schematically, the way that the coaches use me — they move me all around from safety and I’m in the box, I’m in the back, sometimes I play like a linebacker role — it kind of fits me.”
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins are considering having Jesse Davis and rookie Robert Hunt man the offensive tackle spots moving forward. However, Julie’n Davenport is likely to odds on favorite to start at left tackle.
- OUT for Week 5: DE Shaq Lawson (shoulder), TE Durham Smythe (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 5: WR Jakeem Grant (illness)
- OUT for Week 5: QB Sam Darnold (right shoulder)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 5: T Mekhi Becton (shoulder) and WR Breshad Perriman (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 5: CB Bless Austin (calf), S Ashtyn Davis (groin), DL John Franklin-Myers (foot), WR Chris Hogan (ribs, knee), and LB Jordan Jenkins (shoulder, calf)
- Jason La Canfora reports that if Cam Newton is unable to play this week, Jarrett Stidham would be in line to start for New England. Although, Newton has been taking part in team zoom meetings.
- Michael Giardi says his understanding is if Newton is still asymptomatic and has two negative tests separated over a period of 24 hours, he could return to practice on Saturday. This also assumes the rest of the team remains negative and actually practices.
- The Patriots announced Friday that they will practice for the first time this week on Saturday, have a walk-through Sunday, and then play the Broncos on Monday at 5 pm EST, barring any more positive tests. (Ben Volin)