Jets OT Kelvin Beachum had a front row seat to the type of impact RB Le’Veon Bell can have on a game when the two played together in Pittsburgh. He said Bell has the talent to be a trump card for the New York offense.
“(He) make(s) people tap out, make(s) the defense tap out,” Beachum said via the NY Daily News’ Manish Mehta. “I can allude to a number of games where he literally just wore the defense out. We just kept running the same play over and over and over. They knew it was coming, we knew it was coming, and he made somebody miss and just wore the defense out.”
- According to NBC Sports’ Scott Bair, fifth-round WR Hunter Renfrow has a shot to win the Raiders No. 3 receiver job in training camp.
- Bair says even if Renfrow can’t beat veteran WR Ryan Grant for the slot receiver spot, he still shouldn’t be in danger of not making the roster.
- According to Neil Stratton, the Raiders hired former Pro Football Weekly draft analyst Nolan Nawrocki to a scouting role in their organization.
“I think Tay has done a solid job for us,” Moore said via Jim Wyatt of the official team website. “Honestly, I just think we need to give him more opportunities. Give him more opportunities to showcase what he can do and I think he’ll take advantage of his opportunities.”
- In an analysis of player’s entering their contract year, former agent and CBS analyst Joel Corry says the Titans would likely sign QB Marcus Mariota to a deal worth around $25 million per season if he stays healthy and shows more consistency in 2019.
- ESPN’s Turron Davenport listed Titans LB Daren Bates as a potential veteran cut. Bates was recently charged with marijuana possession and the Titans are high on sixth-round rookie LB David Long.