Everyone knows Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence is going No. 1 overall to the Jaguars. So he could have elected to have the needed surgery on his shoulder without throwing for teams at his personal pro day and it wouldn’t have affected his draft stock. The fact that he elected to compete stood out to his future head coach, Urban Meyer.
- John Oehser of Jaguars.com believes that QB Alex Smith could potentially be an option for the team given his relationship with HC Urban Meyer and GM Trent Baalke.
- Oehser considers the interior defensive line to be the biggest need for the Jaguars aside from quarterback.
- Oehser does say that if the team is able to retain T Cam Robinson, it seems likely that the team will use their second first-round pick on a safety or cornerback.
- According to Adam Caplan, the Jaguars are also looking at the left tackle market this offseason with Robinson set to be an unrestricted free agent.
- Connor Hughes of The Athletic‘s sources have told him that the likelihood of a trade involving QB Deshaun Watson is growing increasingly unlikely.
- Texans’ CB Cornell Armstrong‘s one-year, $1.15 million deal includes a $100,000 signing bonus, a $920,000 base salary, and up to $130,000 in per-game active roster bonuses. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans’ RB Dontrell Hilliard‘s one-year, $1.12 million deal includes a $920,000 base salary, an $80,000 signing bonus, a $20,000 workout bonus, and up to $100,000 in per-game roster bonuses. He will cost the Texans $1.063 million towards the salary-cap in 2021. (Aaron Wilson)