Colts practice squad CB Jalen Collins says he’s hoping to play this year, but understands if he remains on the taxi squad for the remainder of the season.
“If I continue out the rest of the year on the practice squad, it is what it is,” Collins said, via the Indy Star. “But I definitely wanna get out there and play.”
Colts DC Matt Eberflus called Collins “a work in progress” and explained that he’s getting used to how they practice.
“Yeah, I do see the talent there,” Eberflus explained. “Now, what he has to learn to do is practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There is walk-through, and then full speed. Then, once you learn to play full speed all the time, that’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet, relative to that. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we will see where he is.”
- Colts HC Frank Reich said that LT Anthony Castonzo has a “little bit of a knee issue,” but he didn’t practice on Friday mostly for rest purposes. (Joel A. Erickson)
- Reich mentioned that he’s optimistic WR T.Y. Hilton will play against Houston.
- The Colts officially ruled out TE Mo Alie-Cox (calf), WR Dontrelle Inman (shoulder), C Ryan Kelly (knee), and S Michael Mitchell (calf) for Week 14 and list DT Denico Autry (back), CB Nate Hairston (ankle), WR T.Y. Hilton (shoulder), DT Margus Hunt (knee), and CB Chris Milton (hamstring) as questionable.
Jaguars HC Doug Marrone admitted after Thursday’s loss to the Titans that big changes are coming to the team next year.
“They have us right now,” Marrone said of the Titans, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN. “It’s the last time we play them this year, and next year it will be a different team.”
Last weekend, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that “sweeping changes are inevitable” for the Jaguars next year and it’s possible that they could extend to the coaching staff and front office.
Jacksonville is projected to be around $10 million or so over the cap in 2019.
- Marrone said he hasn’t asked for any assurances that he will be back in 2019. (Phillip Heilman)
- The Houston Texans officially ruled out G Zach Fulton (hand) and list WR Keke Coutee (hamstring), CB Johnathan Joseph (neck, shoulder), and LB Brennan Scarlett (ankle) as questionable for Week 14.