Colts FS Malik Hooker told reporters on Tuesday that he’s hasn’t set a specific timetable to return from the torn ACL he suffered last year.
“I mean, I really (haven’t) set no goal,” Hooker said, via Colts.com. “You know, as of now I’m just taking it day-by-day, trying to get better each day. That’s my goal; every day try to outwork myself from yesterday.”
Hooker did, however, say that things are going well so far in regards to the knee surgery he underwent this offseason.
“Things are going great right now,” Hooker said. “I’m currently five months, couple days out from surgery, so there’s nothing I can complain about right now. It’s just about building strength and getting ready for the season.”
- Georgia WR Javon Wims and Georgia Tech edge rusher Antonio Simmons are visiting the Jaguars on Tuesday. (Josh Norris)
- Nebraska CB Chris Jones is visiting with the Jaguars on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Idaho RB Aaron Duckworth took part in the Jaguars’ local prospect day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson on his recovery from torn ACL: “I’m very confident in the work I’ve put in with the training staff. Just taking it one step at a time.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans DE J.J. Watt said of his rehab following another back surgery: “It’s going well. It’s been going real well. I’m just excited to be training.” (Aaron Wilson)
- As for being ready for the start of the 2018 season, Watt said: “I need to be ready for the first game. I love the game. I love the competition. I love being there with the guys in the weight room with the guys in the locker room.” (Aaron Wilson)
- New Texans S Tyrann Mathieu said of recruiting WR Dez Bryant: “You just want that person to feel like he’s wanted again. I messaged him last night trying to get him here.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding his recovery from a torn pectoral, OLB Whitney Mercilus said: “I’m 100 percent, no doubt.” (Aaron Wilson)
- FIU QB Alex McGough visited with the Texans on Monday and is meeting with the Seahawks Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Middle Tennessee State WR Richie James visited with the Texans. (Aaron Wilson)