“We talk mostly on Sunday’s before the game and then after the game,” Hilton said, via Kevin Bowen of 1075TheFan. “He’s always watching. It’s cool just to know that he’s still watching and that he’s doing okay.”
Hilton said his injured quad is “doing better” but his availability for Week 4 will be Colts HC Frank Reich‘s decision.
“It’s doing better,” Hilton said. “It’s a little sore today, but it’s doing better. “If I can go, I’ll go. If I can’t, then it’s coach’s call.”
- Per 1070 The Fan’s Kevin Bowen, Colts HC Frank Reich had high praise for QB Jacoby Brissett after a closer look at his performance in a win against the Falcons Sunday, where he completed 28-37 passes for 310 yards and two touchdowns: “He’s played good football and then in this last game, he played ‘elite’ football.”
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey reported to the team’s facility but isn’t practicing as he receives treatment for issues related to his lower back and hamstrings.
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone told reporters he wasn’t sure when Ramsey’s back flared up: “I really don’t know.” (Heilman)
- Marrone added Ramsey told them his back had tightened up, but he didn’t mention anything after Thursday night’s game against the Titans. (Mike Garafolo)
- The team later said Ramsey reported back soreness to them during the fourth quarter of the game. (Michael DiRocco)
- Ramsey’s agent David Mulugheta confirmed that Ramsey told the team during the game his back and ankle were bothering him. He also met with the team doctor and trainer post-game on Thursday and again on Friday. (Ian Rapoport)
- Mulugheta added Ramsey received treatment on Friday and Monday on both his back and hamstring: “We’re not sure how the Jaguars weren’t aware of this.” (Rapoport)
- Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Texans HC Bill O’Brien says the team’s usage of RB Duke Johnson will vary week to week depending on the opponent: “I think every week it will be different. I think we can do more and improve coaches and players alike in how we use those guys.”
- O’Brien mentioned G Senio Kelemete could be a candidate to return from injured reserve with his wrist injury. (Wilson)
- Texans placed G Senio Kelemete on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Texans promoted OL Tyrell Adams to their active roster.
- Texans signed WR Chad Hansen and OL Christian DiLauro to their practice squad.
- Texans released WR Tyron Johnson released from their practice squad.