Home Colts AFC South Notes: Colts, Jaguars, Texans, Titans
- According to 1070 The Fan’s Kevin Bowen, the Colts appear happy with their current group of defensive tackles and likely won’t be in the market for free agent DT Gerald McCoy.
- Colts QB Andrew Luck is sitting out at OTA’s because of a calf strain, though reporters were told it’s not serious. (Zak Keefer)
- Despite an organizational emphasis on character, Colts HC Frank Reich said they were comfortable signing QB Chad Kelly: “We always go in with four (QBs). … We did a lot of vetting there.” “Whenever you take a person in Chad’s situation, it’s a case-by-case basis.” (Joel Erickson)
- Reich said Luck’s calf strain happened during the training portion of the spring: “I would not anticipate him being out the whole (spring).” (Bowen)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue is expected to attend OTA’s and not hold out to try and force an extension, despite being in the final year of his rookie deal
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone says he has no new news on LB Telvin Smith: “The way I’m going to approach that is if something new comes, I’ll announce it to you. We respect his decision, and what has been made…” (John Oehser)
- Jaguars LB Jake Ryan says he has no timetable for his return from an ACL injury last August, which is his second ACL injury to the same knee, but is aiming for minicamp in three weeks: “Taking is slow is what I’m going to do and what I need to do.” (Eugene Frenette)
- Per James Palmer, Texans HC Bill O’Brien says he’s not sure when DE Jadeveon Clowney will return to the team, but adds he’s confident Clowney is staying in shape.
- Clowney was franchise-tagged by the Texans and the two sides have until July 15 to reach a long-term agreement.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Titans CB Adoree Jackson did not participate in OTA’s, as he’s still in a walking boot following a foot or ankle procedure.