- Zak Keefer mentions that Colts DE Jabaal Sheard is dealing with a potentially “mildly serious injury.“
- However, Colts owner Jim Irsay “vowed” it wasn’t season-ending.
- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, Colts G Quenton Nelson received a $995,860 roster bonus on Sunday.
Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette explained that the team appreciates what they went through last season and he believes the experience has “humbled” them.
“I think we appreciate last season overall,” Fournette said, via ESPN.com. “I feel like a lot of things, individually, we all could have done to get ourselves in better shape confidence-wise coming off a great season in 2017. I think last year kind of humbled a lot of us in some ways.”
- According to ESPN’s Michael DiRocco, Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue has racked up a potential $288,650 in fines from holding out from training camp and mandatory minicamp as he seeks a new contract.
- According to ESPN’s Field Yates, Texans QB Deshaun Watson received an $862,249 roster bonus on Sunday.
- The Texans brought in former Jaguars and Raiders HC Jack Del Rio as a guest to Saturday’s practice. (Aaron Wilson)
- Per Terry McCormick, Titans HC Mike Vrabel said OT Dennis Kelly‘s departure from the field was related to dehydration and not anything more significant.
- Vrabel also told reporters Titans RB Derrick Henry has a lower leg injury, though he didn’t provide a timetable for Henry’s return. (James Palmer)
- The team reportedly doesn’t consider the injury to be serious. (Ian Rapoport)
- Titans HC Mike Vrabel said K Ryan Succop is expected to be ready for Week 1 after being placed on the PUP list due to a knee injury. (Jim Wyatt)
- Vrabel added that he “wants to see” second-year K/P Austin Barnard practice.