- Per the Athletic’s Zak Keefer, Colts WR T.Y. Hilton said his calf tightened up on him last Thursday night against the Texans and affected his play: “I didn’t have my explosiveness.”
- Hilton is hoping to practice and play this week but he’s unsure if he’ll be able to return Sunday against the Titans.
- The Colts tried out CBs Kenneth Durden, Dontae Johnson, Picasso Nelson (signed to practice squad), Jackson Porter, Saivion Smith and Abraham Wallace. (Howard Balzer)
The Jaguars run defense has fallen apart at the seams in recent weeks, with the rest of the AFC South totaling nearly 700 yards rushing in the past three games. Jaguars HC Doug Marrone said, however, that DC Todd Wash is not on the hot seat — yet.
“When you make decisions like that, you have to look at the staff and see if there’s someone that can do it better, if you have someone who’s better executing that role,” Marrone said via John Oehser of the team’s website.
“I don’t believe there’s a change I can make right now that would make sense for me — or this team — to help us win,” he added.
- According to Howard Balzer, the Jaguars tried out DL Carl Davis (signed), Justin Hamilton and Olsen Pierre.
- The Jaguars worked out Kentrell Brice, Godwin Igwebuike, Doug Middleton and DeShawn Shead. (Aaron Wilson)
Texans DL Carlos Watkins said he is recovering from his hamstring injury.
“I’m doing good. It was definitely a lot worse during the game. I just freaked myself out a little more than what it actually was. Hopefully, I’ll be out there,” said Watkins, via Aaron Wilson.
- Texans signed S Jonathan Owens to their practice squad.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal says it’s hard to envision Titans QB Marcus Mariota getting more than the one-year, $7.25 million deal he signed this offseason.
- Titans placed OLB Cameron Wake and DB Chris Milton on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Titans promoted OLB Derick Roberson and DB Kareem Orr to their active roster.
- Titans signed DL Joey Ivie and DB Kenneth Durden to their practice squad.