- Regarding some recent reporting/speculation that the Colts could target a veteran quarterback in free agency, Zak Keefer says he doesn’t buy it.
- Keefer mentions that if the Colts bring in another quarterback this offseason, it’ll be a young one with Jacoby Brissett remaining on the roster.
- Keefer adds that the Colts need a long-term solution at quarterback and not a stopgap, which is why free agency seems like an unlikely option for Indianapolis.
- Matt Miller of B/R says the belief regarding the Colts is they’re in “no rush” to replace Jacoby Brissett at quarterback
- The Colts will still likely evaluate the 2020 quarterback class, but Miller mentions that the belief right now is that wide receiver or pass-rusher are the priorities for them.
″I really feel comfortable with them,″ Marrone said, via John Reid of the Florida Times-Union. ″I think it’s something that we have to use in our favor. In the past, there have been situations where we haven’t had many or maybe I’ve just had one. I’ve never had two. We’ve got to do a heck of a job making sure we’re getting both guys ready.″
- Dan Graziano says there’s still a “strong chance” the Texans lure Nick Caserio away from the Patriots for a GM or personnel role.
- Graziano says a front-office restructuring of some kind is worth watching for the Texans, but HC Bill O’Brien is likely to retain personnel control.
- Whitney Mercilus‘ new deal with the Texans is worth $54 million and includes a $7.5 million signing bonus as part of his $28.5 million guaranteed. The contract includes base salaries of $10.5M (2020, fully guaranteed), $10.5M (2021, fully guaranteed), $12.75M (2022) and $12.25M (2023). (Aaron Wilson)
- Matt Miller says the expectation regarding the Titans is that they will re-sign QB Ryan Tannehill.
- From there, sources have told Miller that Tennessee could look to address edge-rusher, wide receiver and potentially a running back early in the draft, depending on what happens with Derrick Henry.
- Miller reports that there have been no talks regarding a long-term deal between the Titans and Henry up to this point.
- Titans WR Kalif Raymond (concussion) was downgraded to doubtful for Saturday’s game.