Colts QB Andrew Luck admitted that he still has some work to do as he returns from a shoulder injury.
“I have some work to do still,” Luck said, via Kevin Bowen of 1070 The Fan. “There will be situations on the practice field that I will not have been in yet, where I need that little extra tempo and speed. There are steps I still need to take. I’m not kidding myself.”
- The Colts activated OL Denzelle Good from the non-football injury list after he passed his physical on Thursday.
- Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey announced on Twitter that he will miss the start of training camp due to the birth of his daughter.
- According to Mike Kaye, rookie LB Leon Jacobs impressed the Jaguars’ coaching staff with his intelligence and athleticism during the offseason program and has an advantage over Blair Brown for the SAM linebacker job.
On Wednesday, Texans GM Brian Gaine told reporters that their focus right now is to ensure that OLB Jadeveon Clowney is 100 percent healthy.
“Yes, JD’s No. 1 focus was to get healthy and our No. 1 focus was to get him healthy,” Gaine said, via the Houston Chronicle. “He is now. We’re hoping that will produce dividends for us during training camp because he is going to be available to us to be out there and be with his teammates. These things take time. It’s a work in progress. It’s amicable. They’re developing. It just takes a little time with contracts as such.”
- Gaine said QB Deshaun Watson (knee) and DE J.J. Watt (knee) are fully recovered and cleared for training camp. (James Palmer)
- Gaine added that the team will be “efficient” and “smart” with Watson moving forward: “We’ll be efficient, we’ll be smart and we’ll be productive at the same time. But he’s full go ready to go, just have to be smart.” (James Palmer)
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said of Watson: “We’re monitoring [Deshaun Watson’s] reps. We’re not going to try and overcook him here early on. We know that he’s nine months out from an ACL [but] he got some really good quality reps today.” (Sarah Barshop)
- Regarding Texans RB D’onta Foreman, who is on the PUP list due to an Achilles injury, Gaine said “time will tell” whether Foreman will be available for the start of the regular season. (James Palmer)
- As for the possibility of trading for Seahawks S Earl Thomas, Gaine said the Texans haven’t discussed the possibility of acquiring him.
- Titans LT Taylor Lewan said Thursday that he expects to be back taking part in team drills when his contract situation is done. (Terry McCormick)
- A report from Wednesday mentioned that the two parties have made some progress in recent extension talks, but they aren’t nearing an agreement at this time. (NFLTR)