- According to CBS Sports Jason La Canfora, a well-connected NFL source thinks the Colts could trade for Jaguars QB Nick Foles given his familiarity with HC Frank Reich.
- Mike Chappell of FOX 59 believes a short-team deal for Colts LT Anthony Castonzo in the range of $14-$15 million in 2020 makes the most sense for the two parties.
- Chappell says there’s “no chance” TE Eric Ebron returns in 2020.
- According to Chappell, Clayton Geathers‘ return to the Colts is “iffy at best.”
- Chappell can see the Colts moving on from K Adam Vinatieri and WR Dontrelle Inman.
- ESPN’s Sarah Barshop confirms the Texans are unlikely to bring back CB Bradley Roby, who’s expected to sign a multi-year deal for more money somewhere else.
- While Barshop doesn’t rule out the Texans re-signing CB Johnathan Joseph, she says he would return as a starter given his snaps were already decreasing in 2019.
- Barshop lists some free-agent options including Titans CB Logan Ryan, Vikings CB Trae Waynes and Broncos CB Chris Harris.
- The Texans held a meeting and workout with Missouri DT Jordan Elliott. (Aaron Wilson)
The decision the Titans made to decline OT Jack Conklin‘s fifth-year option was looked at somewhat curiously when it was made last summer. Even though Conklin finished 2018 on injured reserve, he had moments of strong play in his first three seasons. Whatever the reason, Conklin has held up his end of the bargain and is in position to cash in with a mega-deal in free agency next week. However, Conklin says he hasn’t ruled out staying in Tennessee if the circumstances (read: salary) are right.
“Definitely, in a perfect world, I would love to be back here and be with this team and be with my guys, that’s for sure,” Conklin said via Jim Wyatt of the official team website. “The bond we’ve created over this year is one of the closest I’ve ever been (at part of), the closest o-line I’ve been a part of. So it would be awesome to still be a part of it next year.”
- ESPN’s Turron Davenport writes that Giants LB Markus Golden makes a lot of sense for the Titans to target as a free agent to try and bolster their pass rush in 2020.
- Davenport adds the Titans shouldn’t have a hard time bringing back LB Kamalei Correa to further add pass-rushing depth.
- If Tennessee wanted to address the position in the draft, Davenport identifies Florida LB Jonathan Greenard as a potential target for the Titans in the second round.
- According to CBS Sports Jason La Canfora, a well-connected NFL source expects the Titans to use the transition tag on QB Ryan Tannehill, as the two sides are the best fit for each other.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Titans have had contract talks with Tannehill.