- Kevin Bowen of 107.5 The Fan believes second-round WR Michael Pittman Jr. should start for the Colts, especially with his abilities differing from receivers T.Y. Hilton, Parris Campbell, and Zach Pascal.
- Bowen also notes that RB Jonathan Taylor would likely be a day-one starter as well, but the Colts already have running backs Marlon Mack and Nyheim Hines who could split carries with Taylor.
- As for QB Jacob Eason, Bowen says he fully expects him to earn a spot on the 53-man roster.
- George Bremer believes that RB Jordan Wilkins could be the odd man out this season as the Colts now boast a loaded backfield.
Texans’ new DC Anthony Weaver, who was promoted from DL coach, said Rex Ryan was a “huge influence” on his career as a player and coach.
“Rex was obviously a huge influence on my career both as a player and now as a coach,” Weaver said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “As a very young player, he always prompted us to learn the big picture and learn all the stuff happening around us, just because he thought that would enable us to make some more plays.”
Weaver said he’s been preparing for the transition from defensive line coach to coordinator since he began coaching in 2010.
“The responsibility of being a coordinator — that transition — has been something I’ve been preparing for really since I’ve started coaching. I knew the defensive line play, and I always wanted to learn the intricate details of the back seven.”
Regarding his philosophy, Weaver explained that he will not be a “riled up” coach on the sidelines and hopes his composure will reflect on his players.
“I’m not a guy that’s going to get too riled up on the sidelines and scream. I’m going to stay in the moment, I’m going to stay locked in, and I think our players will be a reflection of that.”
- Despite the Titans losing CB Logan Ryan, Jim Wyatt of the team’s official site could see their cornerback position being better than last year with Malcolm Butler, Adoree’ Jackson, Johnathan Joseph, and second-round Kristian Fulton.
- As for the possibility of the Titans signing DE Jadeveon Clowney, Wyatt believes Clowney would’ve already been signed by Tennessee if they considered him part of their “Plan A” this offseason.
- Wyatt thinks the Titans will sign TE Jonnu Smith to a long-term extension if he continues to play well next season.
- Although, Wyatt would not be surprised to see the Titans sign a veteran tight end at some point.
- As for the Titans’ backup quarterback role, Wyatt expects Logan Woodside and Cole McDonald to compete for the job.
- Wyatt also believes Titans’ second-year DL Jeffery Simmons will take a “big leap” next season and mentions that Simmons was a big reason why they traded DL Jurrell Casey to the Broncos.