“He’s been able to progress a little bit,” Marrone said, via ESPN.com. “He’s out there working hard trying to get more and more done each day. Today we got a little bit more done than yesterday. So we’re just taking it step by step.
“He’ll get treatment again today. He’s up to date with the plan, so then he’ll come in and we’ll try to do some work again [Saturday] and just keep working it. Just keep doing the best job we can. He’s doing a good job, working hard with the plan, doing whatever we’re asking him to do. We’re trying to get it where he can get out there and play.”
- The Jacksonville Jaguars officially ruled out TE Josh Oliver (hamstring) for Week 6’s game and list DE Lerentee McCray (oblique) and CB Jalen Ramsey (back) as questionable.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said WR Kenny Stills (hamstring) will be a game-time decision. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Houston Texans officially ruled out C Greg Mancz (concussion) for Week 6’s game and list RB Taiwan Jones (hip), CB Johnathan Joseph (hamstring), WR Kenny Stills (hamstring) as questionable.
- The Texans worked out free agent DB Adonis Alexander and RB Byron Marshall. (Field Yates)
During the offseason, Titans QB Marcus Mariota focused on adding some weight to give him a better shot at staying healthy this season. Mariota says the added weight has really helped him this season.
“I would say [the weight gain] helped,” Mariota said, via the Tennessean. “I think being able to play and function at that weight, it feels good. It’s on me to continue to eat more calories and do all the extra stuff so that the weight stays where it’s at.”
- The Tennessee Titans officially ruled out LB Sharif Finch (shoulder) and LB Cameron Wake (hamstring) for Week 6’s game and list CB Chris Milton (calf) and RB Rod Smith (groin) as questionable.