Colts GM Chris Ballard said that he has not fielded calls about trading backup QB Jacoby Brissett and it would “take a lot” to acquire him.
“It’s still early, and saying that, it would take a lot to pry him out,” Ballard said, via Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. “Whether people agree or disagree, whatever. I know his value to us. And I think (coach) Frank (Reich) and our coaching staff would echo the same sentiments.”
- The Jaguars have met with running back prospects Miles Sanders of Penn State, Jordan Scarlett of Florida and Tony Pollard of Memphis. (Daniel Popper)
- WVU QB Will Grier said he had a formal interview with the Jaguars. (Phillip Heilman)
Texans GM Brian Gaine was noncommittal about CB Kevin Johnson returning for the 2019 season.
“Kevin has had some tough luck the last few years,” Gaine said, via the Houston Chronicle. “We’re still rounding out some roster decisions. We haven’t finalized anything, nothing’s been conclusive in terms of some of these decisions. Some of them are football decisions, some of them are financial decisions.
“We haven’t arrived at that conclusion yet. We’re hopeful that he could be a part of the future, but we have more decisions to make as it relates to the impact of that.”
- John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans have hired former WR Andre Johnson as a special advisor to HC Bill O’Brien.
- Alabama State OT Tytus Howard met with the Texans at the Senior Bowl and at the Scouting Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
- Penn State QB Trace McSorley says he has met with the Texans at Senior Bowl and the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger has a meeting scheduled with the Texans at the combine. (Aaron Wilson)