Home Broncos AFC West Notes: Broncos, Chargers, Raiders
- Per ESPN’s Eric Williams, while there could be mutual interest in another season together between the Chargers and QB Philip Rivers, if the two sides can’t reach an agreement then Rivers is open to playing somewhere else: “If any of the 32 teams want me, I’ll be playing somewhere.”
- Williams notes that bringing back Shane Steichen as offensive coordinator is a positive sign for Rivers’ future in Los Angeles, as the two have a strong relationship.
- Williams also mentions that in an ideal world, Chargers HC Anthony Lynn would prefer having a mobile quarterback like backup Tyrod Taylor running his offense.
- Williams anticipates the Chargers letting RB Melvin Gordon go while focusing on re-signing TE Hunter Henry and S Adrian Phillips.
- The Athletic’s Vic Tafur expects the Raiders to move on from LB Tahir Whitehead and QB DeShone Kizer in 2020.
- Oakland could also explore releasing G Gabe Jackson or WR Tyrell Williams for cap purposes.
- Tafur expects the Raiders to re-sign one of either RBs Jalen Richard or DeAndre Washington and either G Denzelle Good or Jordan Devey, as well as DE Dion Jordan, LB Will Compton, QB Nathan Peterman, K Daniel Carlson, LS Trent Sieg, S Dallin Leavitt, WR Keelan Doss and G Lester Cotton.
- Meanwhile, Tafur thinks the Raiders are more than likely to let S Karl Joseph, DB Daryl Worley, CB Nevin Lawson, LB Vontaze Burfict, QB Mike Glennon, DE Benson Mayowa, RB Isaiah Crowell, WR Dwayne Harris and S Curtis Riley, among others, leave in 2020.