John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Texans director of player personnel Brian Gaine is interviewing for the Bills ‘GM position on Thursday.
Earlier in the week, Wendy Nix of ESPN reported that the Bills have requested permission to speak with Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane for their vacancy.
Beane has been linked to the Bills for a few months now, given that he worked with new Bills HC Sean McDermott in Carolina.
The Bills officially fired GM Doug Whaley on Sunday following the 2017 NFL Draft, which didn’t come as much of a surprise, considering that there had been rumors that Whaley would be replaced for months.
Other speculative candidates for the position include:
- Panthers director of player personnel Don Gregory
- Chiefs co-director of player personnel Brett Veach
- Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf
- Chiefs director of pro personnel Will Lewis
- Steelers VP of football and business administration Omar Khan
- Jaguars director of player personnel Chris Polian
- Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio
- Ravens assistant GM Eric DeCosta
- Seahawks co-director of player personnel Trent Kirchner
We’ll have more regarding the Bills’ GM search as the news is available.