The Denver Broncos have begun trimming their roster down to 53 players before Tuesday’s deadline to have rosters set for the 2021 season.
The full list includes:
- DL Isaiah Mack (Mike Klis)
- CB Saivion Smith (Mike Klis)
- OT Drew Himmelman (Mike Klis)
- TE Shaun Beyer
- WR Kendall Hinton (Mike Klis)
- FB Adam Prentice
- C-G Austin Schlottmann (Mike Klis)
- ILB Curtis Robinson (Mike Klis)
- WR Seth Williams (Tom Pelissero)
- TE Austin Fort (Mike Klis)
- RB Stevie Smith (Mike Klis)
- CB Mac McCain III (Mike Klis)
- OLB Derrek Tuszka (Mike Klis)
- QB Brett Rypien (Mike Klis)
Rypien, 25, wound up going undrafted out of Boise State back in 2019 before signing a three-year, $1.755 million contract from the Broncos. Denver waived Rypien coming out of the preseason before re-signing him to their practice squad soon after.
Rypien has been on and off of the Broncos’ roster ever since.
In 2020, Rypien appeared in three games for the Broncos and completed 67.5 percent of his passes for 295 yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions.
During his college career at Boise State, Rypien was the MWC Offensive Player of the Year and a First-Team All-MWC selection as a senior. He threw for 13,578 yards while completing 64 percent of his passes and 90 touchdowns over the course of four seasons and 50 games.
Smith, 23, wound up going undrafted out of Alabama back in May of 2019. He later signed a three-year, $1.755 million contract with the Jaguars.
However, Jacksonville opted to waive him coming out of the preseason and he eventually signed on with the Cowboys last year. Dallas waived him in May and he was claimed by the Seahawks before being waived last month.
The Broncos signed Smith to a contract a few weeks ago.
In 2020, Smith appeared in six games for the Cowboys and recorded three tackles.