“I can’t say enough good things about Nick,” Pederson said. “For him to come here and be the backup behind Carson and then to do the things he’s done the last two years, like I said I can’t thank him enough. He’s a pro’s pro. He’s a great human being, great leader in the locker room. He’ll always be remembered in Philadelphia for bringing a Super Bowl to this city. So, a lot of great things for him and we’ve got these next few weeks, few months to make some tough decisions, but we’ll make them at that point.”
- When asked if he could be back with the Eagles, Nick Foles said: “Everything is open.” (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Foles said free agency is appealing to him and he would like an opportunity to lead a team. (Zach Berman)
Eagles QB Carson Wentz says the full extent of his back injury wasn’t discovered until after their game against the Cowboys. After that, the team elected to shut Wetnz down.
“We decided [for him not to play] as we discovered exactly what it was, talking to the doctors,” Wentz said, via Pro Football Talk. “I did my due diligence, got other opinions, [and decided] that it wasn’t the best idea to play. I wanted to be out there no doubt, but with the risk involved, and the way it was ultimately hindering me, was not worth it.
“I know I’ll be fine,” Wentz said. “I know once I get healed and I do this the right way long term this should be fine and not come back. That’s the positive.”
Wentz added that he’s looking forward to putting the “injury-prone” label behind him.
“Yeah, you know, I realize that’s other people’s opinions on things,” Wentz said. “I first and foremost am looking forward to hopefully putting that to rest over the next couple of years. But at the end of the day, you play this game, and you can’t control injuries. . . . So I’m going to do everything I can to avoid those. My hope and goal is to just put those doubts to rest.”
Eagles C Jason Kelce said he hasn’t made any decision about his future, despite some recent speculation that he could retire.
“Reality is it’s a hard game physically, and the older you get, the competitor in you, the player in you, obviously wants to keep playing and keep going, and through the rigors of the season, my family and friends are taking the brunt of all the positives and negatives going on,” Kelce said, via Philly.com. “So I can’t really stress that I haven’t made a decision to retire at all. This is a season-by-season basis thing that probably will happen for the rest of my career.”
- On Monday, Eagles impending free agent DE Brandon Graham implied he would be open to returning to Philadelphia on a hometown discount, but didn’t say it outright. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Darren Sproles told reporters on Monday that he’s undecided about whether he’ll retire or keep playing next. Sproles mentioned that the Eagles want him back and he’s at least considering it. (Zach Berman)
- Eagles G Brandon Brooks (Achilles) said his timetable for return is 6-8 months, which puts him around the schedule to return for Week 1. (Zach Berman)