The New York Giants announced that they have completed their interview with Chiefs’ Director of Player Personnel Ryan Poles for their general manager vacancy on Thursday.
We have completed a GM interview with Chiefs Executive Director of Player Personnel Ryan Poles
— New York Giants (@Giants) January 13, 2022
The updated list of those interviewing or requested to interview for the job is as follows:
- Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen (Interviewed)
- Chiefs executive director of player personnel Ryan Poles (Interviewed)
- Titans VP of player personnel Ryan Cowden (Requested)
- Titans director of player personnel Monti Ossenfort (Requested)
- Cardinals Vice President of Pro Personnel Adrian Wilson (Interviewed)
- 49ers Assistant GM Adam Peters (Requested)
- 49ers Director of Player Personnel Ran Carthon (Requested)
- Cardinals VP of Player Personnel Quentin Harris (Interviewed)
- Ravens director of player personnel Joe Hortiz (Requested)
Poles is a popular GM candidate this offseason. The Vikings requested an interview with him while he’s already had two interviews with the Panthers.
Poles, 35, joined the Chiefs as a scouting assistant in 2009. He’s risen through the ranks, becoming the director of college scouting in 2017 and adding assistant director of player personnel to his title in 2018.
Fitterer joined the Seahawks as an area scout back in 2001 and worked his way up to director of college scouting in 2010 before being promoted to his current job.
He has been a popular name in GM searches over the past few years. He interviewed for the Jets GM job in 2019.
We’ll have more on the Giants’ GM search as the news is available.