The Jacksonville Jaguars announced Monday that they’ve waived five players including LB Austin Calitro.
The full list includes:
The Jaguars also signed 18 undrafted free agents to contracts including:
- J.R. Reed/S/Georgia
- Tavien Feaster/RB/South Carolina
- Steven Nielson/OT/Eastern Michigan
- Ben Ellefson/TE/NDSU
- Nathan Cottrell/RB/Georgia Tech
- Luqman Barcoo/CB/SDST
- Brandon Wright/K/Georgia State
- James Robinson/RB/Illinois State
- Doug Costin/DL/Miami (Ohio)
- Ross Matiscik/LS/Baylor
- Kobe Williams/CB/Arizona State
- Connor Slomka/FB/Army
- Nate Evans/LB/UCF
- Josh Hammond/WR/Florida
- Amari Henderson/CB/Wake Forest
- Austen Pleasants/OL/Ohio
- Marvelle Ross/WR/Notre Dame College
- Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms/OL/Missouri
Calitro, 26, wound up signing on with the Jets as an undrafted free agent out of Villanova in 2017. Unfortunately, he lasted just a few weeks in New York before he was placed on waivers.
Calitro had brief stints with the 49ers, Seahawks and Browns before being claimed off of waivers by the Jaguars at the start of the 2019 season. Jacksonville just re-signed Calitro to a one-year exclusive rights deal last week.
In 2019, Calitro appeared in 13 games for the Jaguars and recorded 40 tackles, one sack and a pass defense.