The Jacksonville Jaguars announced a series of roster moves on Tuesday for Week 17.
The full list includes:
- Jaguars placed P Logan Cooke on injured reserve.
- Jaguars signed DB Brandon Rusnak to their active roster.
- Jaguars placed TE Jacob Hollister, DT Jay Tufele and LB Damien Wilson on the COVID-19 list.
- Jaguars signed P Joseph Charlton and DE/LB Hercules Mata’afa to their practice squad .
- Jaguars signed TE Kyle Warring off of the Bills practice squad.
Mata’afa, 26, originally signed on with the Vikings as an undrafted free agent out of Washington State back in 2018. He was waived with an injury designation his rookie season and reverted to injured reserve.
Minnesota signed him to their practice squad at the start of the 2020 season. He was among their final roster cuts a few months ago and just recently had a brief stint with Washington.
During his college career at Washington State, Mata’afa recorded 121 tackles, 45.5 tackles for a loss, 21 sacks, three forced fumbles, and two recoveries over the course of 34 games.
We had him included in our Top 100 Available 2021 Free Agents list.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!