Cowboys WR Amari Cooper expects to be fully recovered from his quad injury by Week 10’s game.
“We got another week before our next game, so I think I can get to a 10 [fully recovered],” said Cooper, via Jon Machota of The Athletic.
Cooper said he was surprised to sustain another injury but intends to play through the pain “as much as I can.”
“But when I got hurt, I was like, ‘Oh, man, not again. I can’t believe this is happening again.’ I was going to try to play through it as much as I can because I couldn’t see myself not being out there with the guys.”
- According to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys DL Daniel Ross was arrested and hit with marijuana and unlawful weapons possession charges.
“Listen, you have to understand that special teams becomes a factor, too. And right now, special teams is probably the difference, the deciding factor,” Pederson said, per NJ.com’s Mike Kaye.
- Per the New York Daily News’ Pat Leonard, Giants HC Pat Shurmur says TE Evan Engram has a midfoot sprain and is day-to-day.
- Engram called the injury a “low-grade sprain…. around the Lisfranc area,” and added that the injury isn’t seen as severe: “Could have been a lot worse.” (Leonard)
- Giants WR Sterling Shepard traveled to Pittsburgh to see a concussion specialist. (Paul Schwartz)
- Giants C Jon Halapio missed practice Wednesday with a hamstring injury. (Leonard)