Despite the Cowboys’ 26-15 loss to the Bills at home on Thanksgiving, owner Jerry Jones was adamant that he would not fire HC Jason Garrett during the season given it would give them “zero chance” of reaching this year’s Super Bowl.
“I wouldn’t make a change and give us a chance to do what I want to dream about doing,” Jones said via the Athletic’s Jon Machota. “I wouldn’t do that for love or money. That would give us zero chance if we didn’t have him.”
Garrett had the support of the players in the locker room after the game, while Cowboys WR Amari Cooper said the players need to execute better.
“Jason is a great coach. He puts us in (the) position we need to be in to go out there and execute and win the ball game. But we just couldn’t get it done today as players,” Cooper said.
“With him, he just continues to work every day,” Pederson said via team transcript. “He doesn’t let that affect him mentally. He continues to work in practice and work with his guys. He’s been great in the meetings. As they say sometimes: Iron can sharpen iron. This is one of those situations where he just gets sharper. He lasers in, focuses on his job and helping our team win.”
- Per Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles WR Nelson Agholor said he is expecting to play Sunday.
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, recent Eagles extensions for G Brandon Brooks and OT Lane Johnson have been in an effort to get ahead of the new CBA and presumed cap increase.
- Former Eagles president Joe Banner thinks the Eagles will have a hard time justifying bringing back WRs DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery given their age and injury history. (Paul Domowitch)
- Both will incur a significant dead cap hit if cut, but Banner says the team can make it work if they believe it will make their team better.
- Banner mentions that Eagles DC Jim Schwartz is likely a long shot as a head coaching candidate this offseason given he didn’t get much interest in a thin pool last offseason.
- Eagles RB Jordan Howard (shoulder) was ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins. (Adam Caplan)
- Eagles activated CB Cre’Von LeBlanc from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Eagles promoted TE Josh Perkins to their active roster.
- Eagles waived DT Albert Hugging.
After a semi-promising 2-2 start, the Giants have been mired in a seven-game losing streak that dropped them to 2-9 and guaranteed HC Pat Shurmur his second losing season in as many years with the team. Despite that, Shurmur said he’s seeing signs of improvement and development behind the scenes, and, “We just need to keep fighting through it,” for results to follow.
“I love the way our guys train,” Shurmur said via NFL Media’s Grant Gordon. “I love the way they work. There are many things that happen in the ball game that is really good football. Then there are things that have been happening to us. … For a team like ours, we have things happen, big plays, turnovers, that have affected us in a lot of close games. I appreciate the fact that these guys are tough and resilient and keep playing. The games have been close, and so we just need to find a way to get over the top.”
- Giants placed LS Zak DeOssie on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Giants promoted LS Colin Holba to their active roster.