Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott said he has spoken to new HC Mike McCarthy and RBs coach Skip Peete, who said the running game will continue being a focus of their offense.
“I’ve gotten a chance to talk to Coach McCarthy and (Skip Peete),” said Elliott, via Jon Machota. “Just early talks…kinda getting to know each other. … They know (the run game) is very important to our offense. It’s our focal front. That’s how we want to start football games.”
Elliott also said on NFL Network that he expects Dak Prescott‘s contract situation will be resolved this offseason.
“Dak’s our leader. He’s the heart and soul of our team,” Elliott said, via Adam Maya of NFL.com. “He’s going to get his money.”
- The Cowboys have hired Rams’ special teams assistant Matt Daniels and Redskins’ defensive quality control coach Cannon Matthews to the same positions in Dallas. (Field Yates)
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice takes a look at five prospects worth watching for the Eagles this offseason including Colorado QB Steven Montez, Florida WR Van Jefferson, UConn OT Matt Peart, Auburn DT Marlon Davidson, and UCLA CB Darnay Holmes.
- Joel Corry points out that the Giants cannot put Eli Manning on the reserve/retired list because his contract with the team is expiring this offseason.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Giants have completed their interviews for their inside linebacker coach candidates and should hire an assistant soon.
- The Giants have hired Aaron Wellman as their strength and conditioning coach and Sam Coad as his assistant and performance manager. (Jordan Raanan)
- According to Dan Duggan, the Giants have retained assistant OL coach Ben Wilkerson.