- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said of the situation involving WR Dez Bryant: “We love Dez Bryant. Dez has been a great player for us for a long time. Any speculation about his contract or anything like that to me is irrelevant relative to the recent signings that we’ve made.” (Clarence Hill)
- As for the recent additions of WR Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson, Garrett said: “I think both with Allen and with Deonte, you’re just trying to continue to create competition at a position that’ll bring out the best in everybody.” (ESPN)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said he believes Nick Foles would be fine returning to a backup role in 2018: “That’s obviously probably a Nick question. But I know Nick and his mentality, and I think he’s fine with that. He understands it’s Carson’s team. He knew that last year. …Moving forward, I think he’s going to be OK.” (Zach Berman)
- Pederson mentioned that Darren Sproles wants to be back and he wants Sproles to be back. The Eagles have been in touch with Sproles this offseason and it appears as though he could be back for the 2018 season. (Dave Zangaro)
- According to Pederson, new WR Mike Wallace “will have a very similar role to what Torrey [Smith] had” last year: “He’s an excellent slant runner, he’s got speed to burn.” (Zach Berman)
- While the Eagles like this year’s tight end class and will likely to add one, Pederson didn’t rule out a Brent Celek return: “I think that’s a player you’d consider bringing back, especially if you weren’t able to fit all the pieces together at the spot. So he’s definitely in that conversation.” (Zach Berman)
- Pederson said that CB Sidney Jones will compete with the rest of the cornerbacks for a starting job. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Pederson added there is a chance they’ll bring in another punter to compete with Cameron Johnston. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur said of WR Odell Beckham Jr: “He’s on our team right now.” (Adam Schefter)
- Regarding the recent comments made by owner John Mara that no one is untouchable on their team right now, Shurmur said: “I think that’s another way of saying that we’re going to try to do everything we can to make our team better,” Shurmur said. “I understand that. It’s sort of refreshing to know that we’re going to look under any rock and turn over any stone we can to make sure we make the New York Football Giants the best team we can make it.”
- When asked if he expects Beckham Jr to be in attendance for the start of OTAs, Shurmur said: “That’s my understanding, yeah.” (Kimberly Jones)
- Shurmur said of the recent trade rumors: “In no other business in the world do people talk about deals they’re making before they happen, so I don’t know why football would be any different.” (Tom Rock)
- Shurmur reiterated that Ereck Flowers will “compete” at right tackle this summer: “We’re hopeful he’ll be one of our best five” offensive linemen. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants GM Dave Gettleman told reporters that they’ll have Penn State RB Saquon Barkley in for a top-30 visit. (Ian Rapoport)
- Gettleman was asked if Beckham Jr can still be part of the solution and responded: “Bottomline is, as Ernie (Accorsi) taught us, you don’t quit on talent.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Gettleman said they’ve received calls about the No. 2 overall pick, but haven’t set their board yet: “We really have to picture this guy putting on a gold jacket.” (Tom Pelissero)
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden told reporters that TE Jordan Reed, LT Trent Williams, and RT Morgan Moses are not expected to be back by OTAs. (Kimberly A. Martin)
- John Keim reports that the Redskins have remained in contact with free agent DT Johnathan Hankins, but nothing appears to be close at this point in time.
- According to Keim, Washington is still discussing DT Bennie Logan, but until they’ve scheduled a visit with him, it’s clear they don’t have serious interest.
- Keim expects Washington DT Vita Vea to be a “strong consideration” for the Redskins at No. 13 overall, assuming he’s available to them.
- Another option could be Alabama’s Da’Ron Payne.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!