- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said WR Amari Cooper, G Zack Martin and LB Jaylon Smith would all return to practice Monday, per Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News.
- Cooper said he feels good about being able to play against the Giants Week 1 as he deals with plantar fasciitis: “I didn’t feel any pain today. But then again, I didn’t do everything that I’ll do in a game.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Cowboys released LB Rolando McClain. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys placed OL Connor McGovern on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys promoted RB Jordan Chunn to their active roster.
- Cowboys signed 10 players to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said DT Fletcher Cox, G Brandon Brooks, CB Ronald Darby and LB Nigel Bradham all practiced and will play Week 1, per Jeff McClane.
- Eagles OL Jordan Mailata is week-to-week with a back injury. (Mike Kaye)
- Eagles signed CB Cre’Von LeBlanc to a one-year contract extension. (NFLTR)
- Eagles signed CB Craig James to their practice squad.
- Per NJ.com’s Matt Lombardo, Giants HC Pat Shurmur says keeping Alex Tanney as the third quarterback was good for the chemistry of the quarterback room: “I think it’s best for us to keep three quarterbacks and for the best chemistry of our room. Dave [Gettleman] agrees. That’s why we did it.”
- Giants signed TE Eric Tomlinson. (NFLTR)
- Giants placed CB Sam Beal on injured reserve.
- Giants traded LB B.J. Goodson to the Packers. (NFLTR)
- Giants signed LB David Mayo. (NFLTR)
Depending on how he does in 2019, Redskins OC Kevin O’Connell has been pegged by some as a coach on the rise and a potential candidate for a head coaching job in the near future. O’Connell was a backup quarterback for several teams including the Patriots and Jets and was pegged as a future coach during his playing days.
“It starts as a joke—‘Forget this playing stuff, maybe it’s time you grab a whistle and a headset, and really start helping us out,’” O’Connell said via Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer. “And you laugh about it at first. But then all of a sudden, you start thinking that could be a career path for you post-playing. And when I started coaching, I was kind of in that one-year-out-of-football mode, like maybe I could keep training and see if I could get into a camp somewhere, and maybe get lucky. Or I could make the decision to turn the page and do everything I could to make this a profession that worked for me. I knew I had a passion for it, I knew I would enjoy it.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said he’s not sure when or if OT Trent Williams will return to the team: “I have no expectations anymore. I’m kinda numb to it.” (JP Finlay)
- If Redskins CB Fabian Moreau misses Week 1, either Greg Stroman or Jimmy Moreland are candidates to start in his place. (Ben Standig)
- Gruden said Redskins RB Derrius Guice will receive a larger share of the carries than RB Adrian Peterson. (Grant Paulsen)