Home Cowboys NFC East Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Redskins
- According to Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, the Cowboys tried hard to get Jets S Jamal Adams but in the end the asking price was too high.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets wanted a first- and two second-round picks for Adams.
- According to Jane Slater, Dallas offered a first and late-round pick for Adams.
- Dallas was willing to give up a package similar to what Pittsburgh gave up for S Minkah Fitzpatrick, including one first-round pick and a swap of third-day picks, but that wasn’t enough to pry Adams from New York despite negotiating down to the final seconds. (David Moore)
- Per ESPN’s Tim McManus, Eagles WR DeSean Jackson is optimistic about his chances of playing this week. Jackson has been out since Week 1 with an abdominal injury.
- According to The Athletic’s Connor Hughes, the Giants thought trading a third and a fifth-round pick for DL Leonard Williams made sense given his potential.
- The Giants think their scheme and playing alongside first-round rookie DT Dexter Lawrence can help Williams. If they choose not to re-sign him, they could potentially regain a third-round compensatory pick as well.
- Per ESPN’s Jordan Raanan, Williams is seen around the league as a solid but not great player, with one GM saying he’s strong, long, but not a dynamic pass rusher: “I think he is talented. Kept wanting to see more.”
- Giants waived LB Tae Davis. (NFLTR)
- Giants released LB Jake Carlock from their practice squad.
- Per NBC Sports’ JP Finlay, after the Redskins refused to take calls regarding LT Trent Williams for months, Finlay was told “nobody wants to bail them out now” when they opened up trade discussions yesterday.
- Williams’ desire for a new contract was also a factor in trade discussions. (Finlay)
- After reporting, Williams prevented his contract from tolling and will enter the final year of his deal next year in 2020. He also saved $5,823,529 in base salary for the rest of 2019 and a $15,625 bonus for each game he’s active. (Tom Pelissero)n